2016 High Street Hustle 8k
2016 High Street Hustle 8k Run-5k Run/Walk-1k Kid’s Run
The 2016 High Street Hustle. Largest road race in Salem. Benefits enhanced heart disease education in Marion and Polk counties. Last year raised $30,000!
August 13, 2016 – 8k and 5k will share a 7:30am Start. The Kid’s 1k Run will begin at 9:00am.
Run, walk, or race on streets of scenic Salem Oregon. Join Gallagher Fitness Resources, Salem Health, New Balance, the City of Salem, the Statesman Journal and over 50 local sponsors as we host 1500 runners and walkers on the streets and in neighborhoods of Salem. The 2016 High Street Hustle is a blueprint for a community coming together to get healthy. Participate or volunteer today!
From State Capitol Building up High Street and back. For a second year, the streets are completely closed to vehicular traffic.
70’s Costume Theme
As you can tell by the logo, we’re throwin it back to the 70’s! Dig up something groovy, and walk, jog, run, race or just “keep on truckin” in some far-out threads through the streets of scenic Salem, Oregon. A post-race party and ceremony will include awards for the most inspired looks from the 70’s generation. There may be Elvis sightings. Special Guest Appearance for 2016 provided by Enlightened Theatrics of Salem.
All This Included in Your Entry Fee
- Short Sleeve, high quality, gender specific New Balance tech race tee. ($30 Value itself!)
- Accurate 5k and 8k courses – USATF Certified and Measured.
- Race Bibs include an RFID timing chip for accurate individual results.
- Post-Race 70’s Theme PARTY ! ! Including a Costume Contest.
- FOOD – Lots of it – From Venti’s, The Kitchen on Court Street, Great Harvest Bread Co, and Roth’s Fresh Market.
- For those over 21 (with ID) – a post race BEER from Santiam Brewing Co or a CIDER from Wandering Aengus Ciderworks.
- Discounts on New Balance shoes and apparel for all participants.
- Over 200 VOLUNTEERS making the course safe and fun!
2016 High Street Hustle – Let’s Hustle to Prevent Heart Disease!
(Saturday) 7:30 am - 11:00 am PST
Oregon State Capitol
900 Court St NE, Salem, OR 97301
$40 for 8k/5k and $30 for Kids 1k