Do you have an awesome event that you’d like to promote in Downtown Salem?
We’d love to hear about it.
However, before you hit that submit button, ask yourself the following questions to be sure it meets our acceptable community event guidelines described below.
- Is your event unique to the location it is being hosted at and not a typical, routine recurring event at that location?
- Good example: Live music with a specific artist
- Bad example: Daily or weekly happy hour, brunch specials
- Is your event focused on drawing people downtown and potentially bring traffic to multiple downtown businesses?
- Good examples: A show, a meal, and drinks. Taco Crawl.
- These types of events will be considered as “Featured” Events on the calendar.
- Does your event have a special guest that is NOT on your payroll?
- Good examples: Live Band Karaoke with Kyle Sexton & the Flextones, wine tastings or pairings w/ a specific vineyard as the guest, a book signing, a special speaker
- Bad example: Karaoke night, routine “wine tastings”
- Does your “event” promote only your business, i.e. a special offer, weekly special, etc? If so, it will not be approved.
- Is your event political in nature? If so, don’t bother submitting it as this is a political-free zone.
- Is your event in the defined Downtown Salem area?
- This covers from the Willamette River to Hood to 14th to Mission.
NOTE: All events are moderated, and only published IF they meet the criteria above.